I like to think of myself as a stylist on a shoestring budget and I hope to enlighten you on how I find the BEST deals in a city that is renowned for being one of the most expensive cities in the world to live, eat and shop.
I love to peruse through consignment shops in the city. My favorites are Encore on Madison Avenue between 84th abd 85th Streets, 2nd floor where I recently found a gorgeous gray, ribbed Armani jacket that has beautifully structured shoulders which is very much on trend now for $75. I also found strappy chunky heels with red and blue bands of leather by Marc Jacobs for $50 which were hardly worn. I wear them with opaque black or deep gray patterned tights.
There is another gem of a consignment shop called Designer Resale Corp. who just expanded their store which doubled or even tripled it's size. I love their handbags and shoe selection, both well priced.
If you have an edgier style, go to Tokio 7 down in the East Village where they have a well edited store full of one-of-a-kind pieces surely to get you noticed! I have bought many of my staples here and have also sold things as well. They are constantly getting consigments so be sure to stop by on a regular basis!
Happy shopping.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment